2020 has been a strange old year and my heart really goes out to all the couples who have had to rearrange their Wedding plans or put them on hold for the time being. It’s not an easy decision to make and we have absolutely everything crossed for our brides and grooms for next year. Like so many others, we are really looking forward to some new normals and believe Micro Weddings are going to be the next big… well micro thing!
Here are a few of our favourite reasons to embrace a Micro Wedding
- The Vibes: They’re super relaxed & we love this! With no big, long ‘to-do’ lists still hanging around on the morning of your Wedding. We love a relaxed morning of bride (& groom!) prep. It’s all about having a few glasses of bubbly, hanging out with your besties and preparing for an awesome day ahead!
- The Guest List: You get to spend time with EVERYONE! We can totally appreciate that putting your Guest List together is tricky. It’s always going to be. With a Micro Wedding though, you are guaranteeing that you can spend some quality time with each and every special guest who makes the cut as well as each other! (Also you definitely don’t have to invite that weird neighbour or your Mums work friend – everyone on that list will be there for a very good reason!)
- The Sums: Having 30 guests is, without a doubt, going to cost less than 130. This also means your budget can stretch further on a cost per head basis. It means you can treat each and every one of your guests to a really special experience. We’re thinking, exclusive use venue hire for the whole weekend, incredible food and wine and of course, a few extra pennies for your honeymoon adventures…
- The Formalities: Who says you have to follow the rules? It’s your day! We are big believers in throwing the norms out the window when it comes to your Wedding day. Don’t just scratch the surface of making it personal. It’s your chance to have a day celebrating how flipping well much you love each other and you want to share it with the most important people in your lives! Don’t get sucked into the traps of I have to because it’s a Wedding… If you don’t want to include certain traditions, don’t do them. If you want to wear a purple polka dot dress then do it! If you want to get ready with your wife or husband-to-be and walk into your ceremony together, do it! Keep it real and do it your way!
- The Love: Let’s get this straight. What’s it all about anyway? You met someone, somewhere, somehow. You fell in love and want to celebrate this with the people who are most important to you in your lives. Right? We think it’s all about sharing the most fun, love filled, special and memorable day possible with those people.
You can totally rock a Micro Wedding – YOU HAVE GOT THIS!
We have decided to make a big change in how we book Weddings to make things as easy and straight forward and as risk free as possible for our couples. We have decided to charge a simple hourly rate so you have total control over how much or how little of your big/micro day you want us around for! On top of that we are committed to be super flexible so just keep us in the loop and we will accommodate as many date changes, venue changes, partner changes (only kidding -we hope!) as we possibly can.
Just get in touch if you’re planning your (big) well Micro Wedding and we’d love to hear your plans!